Tuesday 26 March 2013

What's been going on?!

I've neglected my blog in the last few weeks with no excuse other than I've been busy. I know, that's a rubbish excuse right?! So I just thought I'd let you know what's been happening in the last few weeks...

I've signed a licensing deal - my first one! which is exciting, more details will follow soon.

I've been busy on twitter gaining interest in my cards. And pleased to say my cards are now for sale on the wonderful Grace and May website. I'm also working on a branding project for a lovely lady I met via twitter. The power of social networking is really beginning to hit home!

Thanks to a fellow ABSPD designer I found out about Skillshare and signed up to 3 courses - The Art of Visual Storytelling, Digital Illustration and a photography class. To be honest I haven't had time to really embrace them yet but once you have signed up for a course you can access the lectures and class material even after the class has finished. It's a great site and the courses I've taken range from free - $20 so absolutely affordable! What's even more exciting is I've applied to teach my own course on typography and I've been accepted... so I'll now be designing the class and can't wait to teach, it's something I've always wanted to do and this seems like the perfect approach.

Finally I'd like to recommend an iPad / iPhone app. I downloaded Trello for free in the hope that is might keep my desk tidy (I'm a list writer, and have far too many to do lists lying around my desk!) It's brilliant, really helps me keep on track of where I am at on projects and keep notes as I go. I'm going to add 'keep my blog updated' to the list right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment