Thursday 10 January 2013

Bloghop... Let's fly!

Hello and welcome to my first bloghop! You've probably landed on my page via the wonderful print work of Deborah Velásquez. If I'm your first destination I'm number 47 of 52 so please find the time to go back and check out all the lovely work from the other designers. You can click the bloghop button on the left to start from the beginning or click here.

So what's it all about? 50+ surface pattern designers worldwide are taking part in this bloghop celebrating Pantone's colour of the year for 2013 - Emerald Green, with the theme 'Flying.' Each of us have designed a small collection based on this. 


If this is your first visit to my blog, hello my name is Faye Brown! I'm a designer and animator based in the UK. I love all things design - typography, colour and photography. If you'd like to see anymore of my work pop over to my website Faye Brown Designs but make sure you finish the bloghop first!

My collection, Spaceboy, is taking you out of this world into the unknown. Inspired everyday by my little boy, I've designed a collection aimed at the children's market for use on pyjamas, bedlinen or wallpaper. Using hand drawn illustrations, the main image is a pattern repeat with drawings of flying astronauts, rockets and UFO's around moons, planets and stars. With placement prints using the rocket and astronaut. I like the vintage feel of the design yet using the on trend emerald green brings it up to date. I'd love to see my son wearing pyjamas like these and dreaming of being a space boy!



Initial sketches for the pattern. I decided against using the hand drawn type.

Spaceboy repeat pattern

Rocket placement print - could work well on pillows

Design shown on pyjamas using simple stars and stripes on the PJ bottoms. Along with the repeat pattern, a second placement print with the astronaut is used for the other top. 


The theme of 'Flying' was chosen for the bloghop as we are all reaching towards certain goals and dreams in our careers. My hopes for this year are to develop my portfolio and find an agent. I'd love to see my designs on more homeware, stationery and children's fashion. I also plan to develop my card range further (please see below post). I'd love to produce a few more products based on my signature range and build on my online shop and stockists.

Your visit to space is nearly over and now it's time to fly over to Toronto to visit the talented designer Natalie Alexander.




I'd like to thank you for stopping by and massive thanks to Rosie at Believe Creative Studio for curating this bloghop.



All images in this post copyright Faye Brown 2013

30 comments:

  1. Love them faye. You are so right, they would look awesome on cushions x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely Faye and look wonderful on the product placement you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic designs Faye! love the space them and simple colour palette, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really cool. Very simple but nicely drawn : ) Good luck fulfilling your goals with your portfolio and range of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable! Nice design Faye! Best in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect match of pattern to product! great use of the green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming designs, what child would not want to slip away to dreamland in these? Good luck in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, perfect for my son. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so much fun! Love the placement print :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant patterns! I'm liking the space theme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Didnt even think about space when I thought about the theme FLY. Nice! Love your jammie mock up! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute!!! Love those boy clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What about Space Girl??? Ava would love these :) Look great Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great, creative idea on this theme!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the simple, clean and spatial approach Faye. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great vintage look. love the theme too, really smart

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful work Faye!Love the sketches and the idea very different approach to the theme.Those Pajamas are lovely!
    Wish you a fantastic 2013 may all your dreams come true!!
    Thanks for participating in the bloghop and thanks for the credit. I really appreciate it!
    Believe!
    RosieX

    ReplyDelete
  18. Faye, I adore your choice of space as a theme and the simple yet striking colour scheme. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those PJs need to be in a store!! I love the motifs, these are some my son's favorite play things!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loveeee the rocket...fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really cute designs Faye! Love them, especially the repeated print! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great designs Faye! They'd definitely make very cute pyjamas! Wishing you the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely collection, Faye! Happy 2013 and good luck with all your ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your idea-such a great take on the theme, loving your illustrations and your hand drawn type too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great mock-ups of the PJs, they look really good. I like how you have taken the brief and really taken off with it (bad joke...)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute pyamas Faye, all the best for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic designs Faye! Love the repeat and the minimal colour palette, perfect for pyjamas... :-)

    ReplyDelete